This weekend was much different than I expected prior to class beginning. After doing the reading, I was expecting to spend a lot of time talking about the different management jobs that and administrator does. Instead we talked about differences between the manager and an instructional leader. After that we were introduced to twitter and blogging as well as a little bit of google docs.
I feel that with time and some thought processing on my part, these could be very helpful as an administrator. I usually need time for my brain to process information and begin to see possibilities and I believe that by the next class I will have a better understanding how this can be used. As a band director I have always worked on "making connections" to enhance my teaching skills. As an administrator I will use the same process and Twitter will be very valuable for that purpose.
Joe I agree on being a bit surprised on the weekend opening not tying to the book as much as I thought it would. But at the same time I think the book is pretty self explanatory and will be a very useful tool and resource as we enter the leadership profession. Buckmiller's choice of instruction to be on these tech tools was risky but yet I know there must be meaningful purpose behind his decision in our growth as a learner.
ReplyDelete